August 4, 2018

A Mid-Tour Message

Last Tuesday was A.Z. Kimrean's birthday. Their first novel release date, and their actual birthday too. I just decided that. It's canon now.


I was in Houston at the time. I'd had an event in Jersey City the previous day, I flew on to Dallas on the next. It's been a crazy week. It's being a crazy summer. But as Kimrean's spokesperson (yeah, like they need more voices) let me take this break to say, thank you. To the bookstores who are hosting the events and betting so much in this new book, often out of love for Meddling Kids. To the people who attend the events and stand in line for one on my famously time-consuming autographs. To fans who cosplay (yes, that happened). To narrator January LaVoy, actual provider of Kimreans' voice(s) in the audiobook, for star-guesting at the event in Brooklyn. To all those enthusiastic early reviewers, bookstagrammers, podcasts and critics. And to the people in Doubleday who show much faith in what I pitched as a small amuse-bouche between "big" books.

Monday, we're back on the road. And there are more events to come (I'm looking at you, NC). Stay tuned.